The Open Mobility Foundation Principles
While the work that we do is often technical, it’s informed by principles that our community shares. At the Open Mobility Foundation, it’s not just about what we do – it’s about how we do it.
Here’s what guides us:
- Open-source and open standards: Use open-source code and open standards APIs to promote the formation of an ecosystem of private companies and public agencies who come together around these open source tools as the basis for products that manage and use the public right-of-way.
- Competition. Encourage the creation of competitive markets for products and services based on the open-source projects within the Open Mobility Foundation.
- Data & Privacy: Enable public agencies to use data generated by Mobility Service Providers while protecting individual privacy, adhering to privacy and data security standards, and promoting equitable community outcomes
- Compatibility: Encourage interoperability across products and borders to encourage a marketplace of shared tools and common regulatory patterns.
- Sustainability: Promote business models that ensure sustainable transportation networks for generations to come.
- Modularity: Create a flexible kit of parts and framework that public agencies may utilize to fit their needs and regulatory approach.